KUNSTHAL & BOIJMANS, ROTTERDAM

Kunsthal, Palladiums and gorgeous floors

Boijmans, my favorite artist: Dalí

Kunsthal, open floor

Lunch Boijmans, tasty carpaccio sandwiches

Kunsthal, photo exhibition by Martijn van de Griendt

Because Kunsthal & the Boijmans van Beuningen museums in Rotterdam are two amazing places filled with inspiration and art, we went to visit them. Kunsthal has an interesting "open" floor and luckily Martijn van de Griendt made an inspiring exhibition about rebellious teenagers from all around the world, called Forever Young. Boijmans is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful museum in The Netherlands. The architecture is classic and the compositions are well considered. Even the toilets are artistic. Brancussi, Rosso and Man Ray showed their sculptures in the big hall. I'm a fan of Man Ray's work as a photographer and didn't know he made sculptures as well. His sculptures were an eleboration of his photos. Very clever and well thought. Boijmans has also many paintings of different artists, but I prefer the surrealism paintings. When I was fifteen, my mom took me to the Dali museum in Paris, near Monmartre, and from that moment on he became my inspiration. His paintings force you to think about a message he's trying to tell. I think he's a brilliant man.

No comments:

GWEN VAN BAKEL / GWENLYN E. Powered by Blogger.