SELFMADE FURRY COAT



When I was 8 I moved from the big city to a small village with 500 residents. Most people don't believe it was a big difference but for me at that age it was. I didn't understand them and they didn't understand me with my pink hair and outrageous clothes. At first I was insecure and thought I needed to fit in. But when I became older I didn't care anymore and started to act only the way I am. The people in my village were very friendly, but very judgmental. They didn't know much about different ways to dress, unknown interests or places except the village they're living in. I believe it made me into the person I am now.

So when I was 14 I took sewing lessons, because I wanted to create my own designs. I believed my style is hard to find, so I figured I needed to create my own. I had sewing lessons for eight years now and made several pieces. Two years ago I took art courses next to my exams and last year I did a preparatory training Fashion Design at an art school. That's why I wanted to show you this piece I made in 2014. It's a furry coat with real leather sleeves. 

No comments:

GWEN VAN BAKEL / GWENLYN E. Powered by Blogger.