JACQUES-HENRI LARTIGUE

La Tour Eiffel, 25 mars 1912
Voyage de noces a l'Hotel des Alpes, 1920
Mon gala "papillons" (suite)
Dans la piscine, septembre 1911
Picasso chez lui, 1955 - Cannes
... Derrière
In art school I had photography classes and two years ago I did a photography course, because I wanted to take good pictures instead of just amateurish snapshots. Since I was little I loved taking pictures. Mainly because my godmother had a bookcase filled with art books and one bookshelf filled with books about photography ad photographers. She made photos of everything: cats in the streets, architecture details, nature, unknown people, uncountable snapshots of her beloved girlfriend and she took photographs of me.

I want to show you a photographer from the 20s: Jacques-Henri Lartigue. He was the first photographer I became inspired with and until this day on I still believe he is one of the best photographers I have seen so far. His style is very romantic, mysterious and there's a Parisian ambiance in his photos. In a little bookstore in Amsterdam I bought my first book about his life. Last year in Avignon I finally found a book with his most important work. In Arles, in the south of France, I saw an exhibition of his work for the first time. Lartigue inspires me in many ways and for many years.

The pictures I've shown above are made with my own camera of the photography book of Lartigue.

No comments:

GWEN VAN BAKEL / GWENLYN E. Powered by Blogger.