MUSEUM 'DE FUNDATIE' ZWOLLE


museum De Fundatie exists since 2004/2005, but I've never visited it before. I saw the architecture of the museum from the outside a few times, because it caught my eye. I always thought the museum only contained realistic paintings from the previous centuries. I'm not very into realism, still life, landscapes and baroque from the 17th, 18th and 19th century, such as Rembrandt, Johannes Vermeer or Peter Paul Rubens. I admire detailed, surrealistic, mysterious paintings, sculptures and photographs with a hidden meaning. There are of course exceptions. 

On a Sunday I wanted to visit a museum near and so I went to museum De Fundatie. It was not so bad at all! They had of course realistic and plain paintings, but also Kees van Dongen, Chagall, van Gogh and Karel Appel. There were several rooms with different styles of paintings and experiments, lots of variety. What I love most was the top floor, in the dome, with sculptures by different artists every once in a while. This time Lotta Blokker exposed her work "The Hour Of The Wolf". She made nine sculptures in bronze who stand for insomniacs.  Lotta Blokker made this collection in five years, and she did her work beautifully. 

Click on read more to see more pictures I've made of the museum. The last photo I've shown is a photo captured by the museum itself, but I think this was the most outspoken statue. 





No comments:

GWEN VAN BAKEL / GWENLYN E. Powered by Blogger.