FOAM MUSEUM


Unseen Magazine // FOAM Magazine: Under Contstruction


Foam is an internationally operating organisation about photography, based in Amsterdam. Foam reaches a wide audience by presenting all facets of contemporary photography. The activities in the museum varies from exhibitions to publications, debates and educational projects. Scouting and presenting young talent is one of the museums qualities. 

When I visited the museum there was an exhibition by Anton Corbijn, a dutch photographer who is famous for his photos of musicians and other artists such as Keith Richards, Bob Dylan, David Bowie and Bjork. His work looks a bit raw and dark, what I prefer in photography.

There was also an exhibition by Noémie Goudal, a young French artist. Typical about her work are the layered photos of quiet, mysterious landscapes which she combines with elements of modern architecture. The images almost look surreal to me, because of digital manipulation. I didn't know Noémie Goudal until now, but I'll definitely follow her work. 
Foam has a small shop with books and magazines about photography. I bought two magazines: the Unseen Magazine and FOAM Magazine, Under Construction. Actually I wanted to buy many more books and magazines, but my wallet and my boyfriend didn't allow me to. So the museum, but also the shop are a big recommendation! 

No comments:

GWEN VAN BAKEL / GWENLYN E. Powered by Blogger.